Patricia Angelina, C.M.T.
Healing Hearts Through Connecting Touch® is Patricia's specialized blending of the various modalities of somatic practices she's been trained in, especially influenced by Rosen Method®.
Patricia Angelina has located her business, Healing Hearts Bodywork, in San Jose, California. She is a Certified Massage Therapist, Rosen Method® bodywork practitioner and Rosen Method® movement teacher. Her bodywork career began in 1990.
She holds a Bachelor's degree from the California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco, California. Her massage certification was received from the National Holistic Institute in Emeryville, California. The Rosen Method® Institute in Berkeley, California, is where she earned her certifications as a Rosen Method® bodywork practitioner and Rosen Method® movement teacher. Patricia trained directly under Marion Rosen, the founder of Rosen Method®, and other senior teachers.
Her skills and knowledge were broadened by volunteering part-time as a grief counselor, learning various modalities and areas of specialty, including: Shamanic studies, acupressure, Reiki, and chakra/energy balancing. She also trained and practiced as a birth doula.
Prior to her bodywork career, she was a full time mom while her children were young; a part-time grief counselor; and later on when the children were older she worked at a software computer company in Silicon Valley, California.
Her experiences working in corporate America highlighted clearly the amount of stress and tension so many people endure through the workplace and high pressured jobs. Stress related illnesses, anxiety and depression were amongst some of the negative side affects she witnessed in abundance. Many people were not happy in their jobs and this bled into their personal lives as well. Seeing the high levels of stress was a major factor for Patricia's choice to specialize in the field of bodywork.
Her work focuses on the whole person -- integrating body, mind, spirit and emotions. She strongly believes that to be fully alive one needs to become more aware of his/her body's sensations and feelings. Learning to listen to what the body has to say, since the body never lies, opens up greater possibilities for better health and well-being. She strives to create and provide a comfortable and safe space to encourage healing and a profoundly relaxing experience.
She works in association with chiropractors, medical doctors and psychotherapists in her private practice.
Cash, personal checks and credit cards are also accepted at the time of your appointment.
You can order online. Gift certificates are available in any denomination.
New Client Forms
Download to save time
Summary of Professional Somatic Bodywork Career Development
- Established Spirit of Health bodywork practice in 1990.
- Sold Spirit of Health in 2005.
- Opened a new somatic practice (Healing Hearts) in 2005, in Houston, Texas.
- Introduced Rosen Method® Bodywork and Movement to a new regional market in Houston, Texas.
- Facilitated workshops and intensive training courses for new students.
- Taught Rosen Method® Bodywork and Movement presentations and demonstrations.
- Relocated Healing Hearts practice to California in 2008, establishing a new client base.
- Currently teaching weekly Rosen Movement classes at Saratoga Recreation Center (since 2009).
- Produced and directed an educational documentary DVD on Rosen Method®, 'Talk About Rosen Method®' in 2012.
- Periodic guest speaker at San Jose State University in the nursing department .
- Teacher-in-training for Rosen Method® Introductory Workshops.
Healing Hearts Bodywork Studio
Please visit the Services page for a full
listing of our bodywork Offerings